From Fang Wang <fang.w...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] new workflow for new features....
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 18:02:40 GMT
For a  feature with several people working on it, if we create couple of bugs to track it,
shall we add
A field to point to a "master" bug to track the discussions, documents, etc?
The master bug can contain all the proposal, discussions, etc. And the individual features
can be
Tracked in each sub bug, is it feasible? Or we want to track all feature development in the
main
Master bug?

Thanks,
-Fang

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Huang [mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 7:06 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] new workflow for new features....

Good question!  So I don't like to see this as something that people must do but as a way
to naturally give directions on what they should do.  I think on issues that are important
to the community, the community will naturally ask why hasn't this been done or can the requestor
or developer update the status of the issue or the community can update as a crowd.

The problem that I see today is that unless I monitor the mailing list 24x7 and has a noggin
the size of Einstein's, it is difficult to track what is going on.  And I waste a lot of time
tracking the same thing again and again.  If it is this way for me, I wonder what it is like
for a user who's interested in a certain issue and how they can keep track.  They can search
on the mailing list but often you're not sure if a conclusion actually has been reached.
And then they have to do that on every issue they care about.  With this they can generate
their own filter and ask for status in a way that everyone understands.  And once the status
is provided, everyone else who's interested can also see it.

It's about giving everyone a common language they can use rather than dictating what they
have to do .

--Alex