From William Clark <majorgearh...@gmail.com>
Subject Hypervisor listed as down in CloudStack 3.0.2, no way to reconnect
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 21:37:04 GMT
We are running a CloudStack environment with multiple XenServer hypervisors.  This morning,
one of our XenServers filled /var and was not longer connected to CloudStack.  We corrected
this problem and then needed to do an emergency network restart because the HV lost its networking
info (believe this is a XenServer bug).  By this time CloudStack had already migrated our
VM's to other HV's.  Once the emergency network restart completed, the host rebooted and came
back up.  Through the xe command set I can see it is connected to the other HV's in the pool,
however when I go into Cloudstack and check on the host in the Infrastructure tab, it still
lists as down.  When I use the Force Reconnect button on it, it hangs indefinitely and memory
usage eventually crashes the whole Cloudstack instance.

We are trying to find a way to get this HV reconnected back to Cloudstack.

Idea's?

William Clark