From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Dedicated Resources: Dedicate Pods, Clusters, Hosts to a domain
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:47:47 GMT
Planners are also plugins.  It just means your dedicated piece needs to implement a different
planner.

We may need some cloud-engine work.  Prachi and I talked about the idea to let the service
offering contain the planner cloud-engine should use to deploy a vm.  You can explore that
idea.

But this part is just action acl.  This is the easy part. The more difficult part is the read
part.  How do you limit what they can access.  That part you need to talk with Prachi about
on her design.

Is there any requirement to let the end user administer the hardware since the hardware is
dedicated to them?

My problem right now is the list of requirements sent in your email is not enough.  We need
to send out a list with regard to the following.

- OAMP. This means (Operations, Administrations, Maintenance, Provisioning) of hardware/physical
entities/capacities.  Who is ultimately responsible for the OAMP aspects of the dedicated
resources?  Is it the domain admin/system amdin/ or some new role?  Depending on this, your
interaction with the new ACL work can range from low to high.  This needs to be clearly outlined
in the requirements.
- CRUD operations.  This means (Create, Read, Update, Delete) on virtual entities and physical
entities.  How does dedication affect those operations?  For example, questions asked by Mice
in another email.  Here, you need to gather up the list of virtual entities we have and specify
what it means for that entities in terms of CRUD.

This is not a small feature.  Tread carefully.

--Alex