From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Enabling storage xenmotion on xenserver 6.1
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 13:27:43 GMT
> If the hypervisor doesn't support it, shouldn't we just fail the request with a
> proper message. The user/admin can shutdown the vm and then
> move/migrate it. The behavior would be similar to how cloudstack currently
> lets the VM volumes be migrated to another storage pool.

Devdeep,

Currently on migration, we first ask the planner to return a list of possible hosts to migrate
to.  Do you plan on duplicating that in this case?  We should do that, then by default we
won't allow hosts for hypervisors that don't support it.

However, just like current migration, there should be a force option where the admin can force
it and when that's true, then just fail as you pointed out should be fine.

--Alex