From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Doc translation with transifex client
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:27:27 GMT

On Dec 7, 2012, at 11:45 PM, Kelcey Damage (BBITS) <kelcey@bbits.ca> wrote:

> So is this worth automating? If yes, how can I help?

Hi Kelcey, sorry for the late answer.

Automation of this is a bit tricky I think. First there is a *huge* dependency on the actual
translation. Right now only the japanese translation is worth building. So we need translators…

Second to use transifex you need an account. Not everyone will be able to sync our docs with
the transifex site. That's why there is no pot and po files in the repo. Even though I think
we should commit the pot directory.

The big thing is to keep the .tx/config file in sync with all the xml files in docs/en-US
. publican update_pot and the transifex push are supposed to do that nicely but I think this
is going to require quite a bit of hand holding.

Here is some bash that I used to create the .tx/config. acs_docs_seb needs to be set to ACS_DOCS
to use the "official" cloudstack transifex repo.

#!/bin/bash

for file in `ls pot | grep .pot`; do
    resource=`basename $file .pot`
    tx set -t PO --auto-local -r acs_docs_seb.$resource "<lang>/$resource.po" \
    --source-lang=en \
    --source-file "pot/$resource.pot" --execute
done

To push new pot files to transifex:

tx push -s (sends all resource to project,)

Maybe we should put this in the README. The bash lines basically do what your python scripts
was doing.

-Sebastien