From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Opennebula marketplace integration
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:17:02 GMT

On Dec 19, 2012, at 12:11 PM, Pranav Saxena wrote:

> Hi Sebastien ,
>
> The openNebula marketplace looks good . Regarding the plugin on the Cloudstack UI , we
can provide you/leads of Opennebula  with that since we already have it developed for the
actual Cloudstack marketplace I was working on and make it point to the OpenNebula Marketplace
by modifying the URL  .

> But first the question arises , is the community in favor of this ? Last time there were
some issues on the ML regarding integration of marketplace and I reckon ,  we are yet to reach
a consensus.

Hi Pranav,

You are right in that the other marketplace thread has not yet reached consensus. We need
to bring it to consensus.
I will reply to it.

My understanding though is that folks are in favor of marketplaces in general but that the
code of such marketplace should not be in the cloudstack code. That means that you could put
your marketplace code on github but commit the "hooks" to it in cloudstack. In a very similar
fashion that we have several storage backends.

Where it links to opennebula's marketplace is if your hooks can be used to connect to their
marketplace. That'd be great.

Does that make sense ?

-Sebastien

> Regards,
> Pranav

interested to integrate their marketplace with CloudStack.

> The concept is to leave the marketplace itself where it is and develop hooks/plugins
in CloudStack to import images from the marketplace into a CloudStack deployment.

> A user would set a global settings 'marketplace' to the opennebula marketplace server.
This would in turn display the images that are in the marketplace within the template UI.