From "Kelceydamage@bbits" <kel...@bbits.ca>
Subject Re: CentOS System VM?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 08:17:18 GMT
I'm also interested in swapping out ha_proxy for nginx so the lb feature can support SSL termination.
Currently building my own VRs as guest VMs on shared networks for that feature.

Is the community thinking about proper ssl endpoints and offloading?

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 5, 2012, at 11:30 PM, "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:

> Granted both debian wheezy and centos/rhel 6, run the same major kernel version 2.6.32
i386 and hopefully same glibc library (need to confirm) - it should be really easy to port
the code over without needing to recompile anything. I don't believe we do anything overly
complex - within application code - that would glue components to specific OS. Applications
like apache, dns masq, haproxy, sshd and dhcp can be stock versions of what OS vendor released.

> This is my observations so far and I will give it a shot when time allows to confirm.
>
> If someone knows of reason why this would fail, please let me know so I don't waste my
time:) but I am fairly optimistic.