From Rajesh Battala <rajesh.batt...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ASF4.1] [Discuss] health monitoring for load balanced instances
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 03:59:47 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajesh Battala [mailto:rajesh.battala@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:21 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [ASF4.1] [Discuss] health monitoring for load balanced instances

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Huang [mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:38 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org

> One question that I have though, which may be off topic to the
> specific proposal.  I understand that you are proposing Netscaler and
> HAProxy support (and you are absolutely within your right to only
> volunteer for those two), but I'd also love to see the F5 support be
> upgraded to support this feature as well.
>
> Does anyone remember if F5 lent engineering support when F5 support
> was added to CS?  Or was it all Cloud.com / Citrix folks that did it?
> Ideally, this is a great place to see if we can get someone that's
> interested in continuing to support the F5 LBs involved in development
> (not necessarily someone sponsored by F5, but that's not necessarily a
> negative if they were).  Does anyone want to take this on and work
> with Rajesh?

F5 was entirely written by Cloud.com.

On features that can affect multiple hardware resources, we should create a subtask for each
hardware resource to support that feature.

--Alex

We can have an umbrella ticket and create a sub ticket/task for each Hardware resource. I
will create those tickets.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

Done creating the sub-tasks for each hardware resources.
Here are the tickets.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-663 health monitoring for F5 load balanced
instances
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-664 Health monitoring for NetScaler load