From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: CentOS System Offering Thread
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:19:55 GMT
The choice of 32-bit OS may be to support legacy servers, but I really don't know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Musayev, Ilya [mailto:imusayev@webmd.net]
Sent: 13 December 2012 4:50 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: CentOS System Offering Thread

I did.. reviewed buildsystemvm.sh script - seems self-explanatory.

There are 2 major parts to this task as I see it.

Part1
System Image Side:
We  need to alter the "debootsrap" to "mock" and change debian specific configs to redhat.
 Once functional - I need to create 3 versions of the template for VmWare, Xen and KVM. I
have VmWare in house - no Xen/KVM yet - we can deal with this - once I get there.

Part2
Systemvm.iso will need to be updated and include rhel version of the patch scripts we run
on power on.

What is the reason for running 32bit OS vs 64? Are we open to changing that to 64bit - which
would probably benefit very large implementations using basic zones. Or should we keep it
32 bit for consistency reason?