From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject Under ASF2.0 can I copyright refactored code without adding the original author's copyright notice?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:09:07 GMT
Does anyone have a link describing the attribution requirements for code licensed under ASF
v2.0?

I noticed some driver code on another CloudOS project that appears to be a derivative of a
previous version of the same driver in that code base.  The comments are unchanged and the
structure very similar.  Both versions of the driver are ASF v2.0, but the derivative work
lacks the original author's copyright notice.

Is this legit under ASF 2.0?

I'd have thought at the very least you had to carry forward notice from the original work.