From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Api refactoring -- validation
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:51:22 GMT
Comments in-line

-----Original Message-----
From: Fang Wang [mailto:fang.wang@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:17 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Api refactoring -- validation

Hi all,

In our current API refactoring work, we plan to add a validation annotation to Validate DB
entity, validate some parameter range,  etc.
We plan to add the @validate annotation to API commands.

IT is suggested we could use Hibernate Validator.  Anyone with experience with Hibernate validator,
how we could deploy it here?

1. is there a version we should definitely use?
[Animesh ]> We should use the latest final version which is 4.3.1
2. Which option is better to integrate into our maven? Add it as dependency or as a plugin?
[Animesh]> I think as dependency should work
3. What is the latest version working with maven?

Thanks for any input,
-Fang