From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] Style Guide for Apache CloudStack Documentation ?
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 18:37:51 GMT
Radhika

The Struts style guide has more details http://struts.apache.org/2.2.3/docs/documentation-style-guide.html
and we can borrow some tips from there.

One other thing I think will help users is quick link to Single Page Html.  This is useful
because people often want to search for a specific word or phrase across the entire documentation.
Generally, they already know what they're looking for; they just can't remember what section
it's in.

The separate-page style is useful for those who already know what section they need, or who
want to read the entire documentation from front to back in sequence. But this is not the
most common way documentation is accessed.

Thanks
Animesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Radhika Puthiyetath [mailto:radhika.puthiyetath@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 6:11 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [Discuss] Style Guide for Apache CloudStack Documentation ?

Hello Community,

Any thoughts on the need of a style guide for the CloudStack Documentation ?

First of all, do we need one-If yes, do we need to create afresh , or follow the existing
style guides within Apache projects, such as Maven. Here is the link: http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-documentation-style.html.

Please educate me on the Apache way for Documentation style.

Alternatively, we can always follow what XenServer documentation is following.

Thanks
-Radhika

PS: I do understand that enhancing the documentation/ fixing the doc defect is the first priority
of the doc contributors.