From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Opennebula marketplace integration
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:53:03 GMT
Hi Sebastien/Jie ,

Any update on where are we currently on building up a marketplace for cloudstack ?  Community
consensus ?

@ Sebastien  - As you suggested , is there any update from the OpenNebula guys  ?

Thanks,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Jie Feng [mailto:Jie.Feng@citrix.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:07 AM
To: sebgoa; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Opennebula marketplace integration

Hi Sebastien,

It is great to hear that you want to build hook for Opennebula marketplace listings into CloudStack.
The more we can do to enable products and services for our Cloudstack users, the better. Since
Opennebula listings are all templates, you can build hooks directly into the CloudStack Template
UI, or into CloudStack Marketplace (once we have consensus).

There are a few things to think about to build hooks into the CloudStack UI, as I have gone
through those when I was thinking about the CS Marketplace feature:

1. Who can import the listings/templates?
2. Who owns the listing?  In CloudStack, templates have to belong to an account. When I designed
CS Marketplace, I made the listing ownerless.
3. What is the UI for admin and user?
4. What listing items user can see?  For example, the template might be for KVM, where the
cloud only supports XenServer/VMware. Do you filter it out? For CS Marketplace, I don't filter
it out since I can group multiple templates into one listing entry, and user can pick which
one to instantiate.

Jie