From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Opennebula marketplace integration
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:11:34 GMT
Hi Sebastien ,

The openNebula marketplace looks good . Regarding the plugin on the Cloudstack UI , we can
provide you/leads of Opennebula  with that since we already have it developed for the actual
Cloudstack marketplace I was working on and make it point to the OpenNebula Marketplace by
modifying the URL  .

 But first the question arises , is the community in favor of this ? Last time there were
some issues on the ML regarding integration of marketplace and I reckon ,  we are yet to reach
a consensus.

Regards,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: sebgoa [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:49 PM
To: cloudstack
Subject: [DISCUSS] Opennebula marketplace integration

Hi all,

In the previous marketplace discussion I mentioned the Opennebula marketplace:

http://marketplace.c12g.com/appliance
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:marketplace

I talked to the leads of opennebula: Ignacio de Lorente and Ruben Montero and they are interested
to integrate their marketplace with CloudStack.

The concept is to leave the marketplace itself where it is and develop hooks/plugins in CloudStack
to import images from the marketplace into a CloudStack deployment.

A user would set a global settings 'marketplace' to the opennebula marketplace server. This
would in turn display the images that are in the marketplace within the template UI.

Thoughts ?

-Sebastien