From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Curious about the program that's being used to edit doc XML files...
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 20:02:47 GMT

On 18-Dec-2012, at 10:40 AM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> Hi all (doc folks in particular),
>
> I've noticed that many of the commits and patches sent in via review
> board for the docs files are often filled with many text formatting
> changes.  For example: https://reviews.apache.org/r/8635/
>
> The primary change is supposed to be in the text itself, but it's
> often very difficult to parse through all of the formatting changes to
> find the documentation content that's actually being changed.
>
> I'm wondering if folks are using an editor that's automatically
> reformatting some of the text.  Is that the case?
>
> Any chance that we can all configure our editors to not make those
> types of formatting changes by default (perhaps only when something is
> particularly messy, in which case it deserves it's own commit IMO).

+1 Pl. don't send us patches with those evil lines, trailing whitespaces and tabs.
I don't mind if your patch has cosmetic changes, but yes we should have cosmetic patches (such
as name fixes, coding convention fixes, tab/whitespace fixes, anything all visual less logic)
submitted separately.

Regards.