From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: new storage framework update
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 21:58:43 GMT
The reason I brought it up is I suspected there was a slight difference - should probably clarify
that in the wiki page, or use consistent wording.

On Dec 28, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

> I think John asked a great question and we should define them as different.
>
> When we talk about data motion, we are talking about a provisioning step where we hand
off a source uri and a destination uri and ask a service to move data from one location to
another.  The data can be template, iso, snapshot, volumes but to the service it's nothing
more than two uri that it has to understand.

> In terms of certain hypervisors, this data motion provisioning step may be performed
by their volume migration feature.

> --Alex

o: 415.315.9385
@johnlkinsella