From Devdeep Singh <devdeep.si...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Enabling storage xenmotion on xenserver 6.1
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 05:57:00 GMT
Hi Jerry,

I don't think we need an option for "support storage motion" when adding a cluster. A cluster
is made of homogenous hosts and cloudstack is already aware of the version of the hypervisor
running on them. From the version it can infer if the storage motion is supported on it. One
way to do it would be to update the hypervisor_capabilities table in db and have a field for
storage_motion_supported in it. If for a particular hypervisor version the field is true,
cloudstack will allow storage motion.

What do you think?

Regards,
Devdeep