From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merge request: Merging api_refactoring on master
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2012 06:12:58 GMT
On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 12:38:33AM +0530, John Burwell wrote:
> David,
>
> +1 to your concerns regarding timing and scope.  I also wonder what
> impact this will have to Marvin, and that those impacts have been
> thought tested.  We are entering a period where we are focused on
> testing features leading up the 31Jan 2013 deadline.  I am concern
> that Marvin will be unstable leading up the 4.1.0 deadline --
> delaying feature testing.

No impacts to marvin and cloudmonkey. Because the query API still
should remain backwards compatible. API refactoring might be misnomer,
it's really API processing refactoring.

The refactoring will also simplify the generation of api docs,
marvin's API classes and cloudmonkey CLI.  I think Rohit spoke about
this earlier - the idea is to have the endpoint tell these tools the
way a provider is using the entire API set.

--
Prasanna.,