From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adjust JIRA to send out less mails (e.g. only about issue creation, status changes etc.)
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:50:38 GMT
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:59:32AM -0800, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:
> My preference would be to have most of the discussions on the mailing
> list as Alex also mentioned which will allow us to get our community
> its due credit in comparisons like this.

Credit in comparisons like that or any other are really not a useful
metric in determining how anything relating to the project should be
done. While downstream companies may be interested in comparing apples
and oranges, the *only* consideration that has any merit in the project
is the health of the community and project. I'd argue that worrying
about how CloudStack measures up to other communities for some silly
measurement about who has more mailing list messages is actively harmful
rather than helpful.

Best,

jzb
--