From Sheng Liang <Sheng.Li...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Feedback on site redesign
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:49:13 GMT
The site looks great. Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into it to make it happen.
Can't wait to see a new streamlined content in production.

I have one comment though. It seems to me that most of links on the left navigation really
belong to the wiki. The landing page should ideally contain just static content like a brief
overview of the project and perhaps quick links to download. Wiki is where developers should
go. It is much easier for developers to modify wiki and keep it up to date.

If we keep all the developer-related content in the wiki, it will be easier to maintain and
will likely stay consistent.

Sheng

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:jzb@zonker.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 1:34 PM
To: CloudStack Developers
Subject: [DISCUSS] Feedback on site redesign

Hey all,

You can find a fairly complete draft of the site redesign here:

http://dissociatedpress.net/cloudstack/index.html

None of this has been committed to SVN yet.

Please take a look and provide feedback. I'm aware that search isn't working yet, so no need
to point that out. :-)

We don't have a site component in Jira, so if you have any page/content requests, please put
them on the wiki here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Apache+CloudStack+Web+Site

I'll see if we can get a site component for jira eventually. I'd like to track site work in
Jira along with other bugs/features, etc.

Best,

Joe
--
Joe Brockmeier