From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject SSVM and Internet Proxy on CS3.0.x and 4.0.x
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 05:53:23 GMT
In multiple versions of 3.0.x and 4.0 I would define the http proxy setting in Global Settings
"secstorage.proxy" - but so far I haven't seen this to be functioning successfully. My infrastructure
has internet access via proxy host at the moment.

My proxy host is open and does not require username and password. I define it like so http://myproxy.domain.com:3128

I tested my proxy on SSVM by defining it in shell via http_proxy env variable and was able
to download the file via wget. However, it does not appear that CS passes the http_proxy variable
to SSVM.

I've restarted CS services, removed and re-provisioned SSVM, and disables/enabled zone, pod
and cluster - no luck so far.

What mechanism defines proxy and how would i check  that its set on SSVM properly?

I'm running CS4.0 build 140, and VmWare vSphere5.

Thank you
-ilya