From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject Advanced network setup with CS and VSphere 5 - is this feasible?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 22:23:21 GMT
I have a vSphere cluster with 3 nodes I'd like to add to CS

Since we are not using AWS like structure and more of an old fashioned typical corporate setup,
I'm curious if its at all doable.

My Setup as follows:

3 vSphere hypervisors with following network setup

                vSwitch0 - 2 NON-TRUNKED NICs associated
                                Management Network
No VLAN TAGGING
IP Range 10.0.1.x/24

                vSwitch 2 - 2 TRUNKED NICs associated
                                DEV VLAN
VLAN TAG ID 1000
                                                IP Range 10.0.2.x/23

                                MGMT VLAN
VLAN TAG ID 1100
IP Range 10.0.1.x/24 (same as above vSwitch0)

The above is a sample VSPhere architecture I have for Developers Cluster,

The goal is to be able to deploy VMs on both networks - DEV VLAN and MGMT VLAN by using Projects
or Domains and associating it with CS TAGs.

I tried diving in to advanced networking, but cant seem to get it to work right no matter
what I try. Hence I'm reaching out for help here.

Pretext:
I don't use dVs in this setup since CS does not yet support dVs. For sake of simplicity -
this is a completely new zone. The management nodes of CS must reside on MGMT VLAN on vSwitch2.

As always, your feedback is appreciated,

Thanks
ilya