From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject template copy to primary
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 17:17:15 GMT
Again, forgive my ignorance if I don't understand how this works for all
storage types, but it seems that when a template is first used in a cluster
we copy the template to primary storage first and use that for all
subsequent. Should we add an enhancement to be able to tag templates that
should be cached on primary vs ones that should be copied direct from
secondary storage whenever used?

 I'm thinking about scale, if I've got 20 templates that are used a lot by
everyone, then I want those cached, but if my users are making 1000
templates and only use each once or twice, I don't want them to go to my
primary storage. Especially with CLVM or another raw style storage where we
actually use the whole physical size of the template.