From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject same vlan on different nics
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:40:17 GMT

It looks like this was fixed (11fe086adab8e790018343252ed08aac9a27b1c6) by
making sure that a particular vlan range can only exist on one physical
network. Is there any technical reason for this? It looks like the fix
worked around the unique key restriction in the database schema, is that
the only limiting factor? We recently changed the naming scheme of KVM
bridges to allow the same vlan to be used on different physical networks,
so I can make the solution KVM specific.

I'm just not sure why this limitation was created in the first place (the
schema, not the fix)  and want to gather some info before doing too much.
I'd rather just make the key unique to vlan on physical network and let the
individual doing the implementation decide if they want to do multiple
layer2 domains to their boxes or not.