From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal: Analytics
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:43:37 GMT
On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:11:51AM -0600, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:48:17AM -0500, David Nalley wrote:
>> > On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
>> > Still no expectation on what folks are going to be able to do with the
>> > data. Is it considered private, public, can it be shared external to
>> > the project, etc.
>>
>> Any data not considered public (overall traffic, page views) would be
>> considered private and non-sharable. (Any objections to that?)
>
> Nobody spoke up after this (about the use of data) - any objections with
> this? Thoughts? Comments? Flames?

Sorry I should have responded.
I am a little bemused by the response.
The response was any data not considered public is non-shareable. But
no definition of what is considered public unless it is only what was
in parens (overall traffic, page views).
I assume this means you will be publishing the 'public' stuff
somewhere on a regular basis as part of this initiative?

One other question that I assumed, but guess I need to ask - you plan
to do this on ASF hardware right? (request a project VM from infra?)

--David