incubator-cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Charles Moulliard <ch0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BLOCKER] Database development fails to create admin user
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 09:51:19 GMT
Thx Rohit. The shell script succeeds after commenting out "java -cp" and
adding CATALINA_HOME.


On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:

> Alright, so at least the bug is confirmed. So some reason on your
> environment, it's not able to find com.cloud.test.DatabaseConfig.
> Check that you've defined your $CATALINA_HOME (which worked for me as I
> have my old ant libs deployed at that path), it's failing to find the
> classpaths.
> Simply edit the deploy-db-dev.sh around line no. 122, comment out: #java
> -cp $CP com.cloud.test.DatabaseConfig $*  (this just checks database
> config.).
>
> But this is just a workaround, we should fix it.
>
> ________________________________________
> From: Charles Moulliard [ch007m@gmail.com]
> Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2012 10:45 PM
> To: cloudstack-dev
> Subject: Re: [BLOCKER] Database development fails to create admin user
>
> The workaround that you suggest does not work for me on a MACBOOK (MacOS
> Lion) with last code version (master of git)
>
> Here are the commands used
>
> mvn -P developer clean install
> mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb
>
> RedHat-MacBook:incubator-cloudstack chmoulli$ cd developer/target/db
> RedHat-MacBook:db chmoulli$ sh deploy-db-dev.sh server-setup.xml
> Recreating Database cloud.
> Recreating Database cloud_usage
> CP is
>
> ./:/conf:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/webapps/client/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar:/lib/*.jar
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> com/cloud/test/DatabaseConfig
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.cloud.test.DatabaseConfig
> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
>
>
> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have done a test using a LINUX  machine where I don't have an issue
> with
> > maven mysql plugin and get a NPE while running the mngt server. In this
> > case, we cannot log on to the web site using admin/password
> >
> > mvn clean install -P developer
> > mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb
> > mvn -P developer -pl tools/devcloud -Ddeploydb
> >  mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run
> >
> > ERROR [cloud.servlet.CloudStartupServlet] (main:) Exception starting
> > management server
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > at
> >
> com.cloud.server.ManagementServerImpl.enableAdminUser(ManagementServerImpl.java:3605)
> > at
> com.cloud.servlet.CloudStartupServlet.init(CloudStartupServlet.java:50)
> >  at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:241)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:440)
> >  at
> > org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:263)
> > at
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:736)
> > at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1282)
> > at
> > org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:518)
> >  at
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:499)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.doStart(Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.java:115)
> >  at
> > org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:156)
> > at
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
> > at
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
> >  at
> > org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
> > at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
> >  at
> > org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer.java:132)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.java:454)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.java:396)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(AbstractJettyRunMojo.java:210)
> > at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(Jetty6RunMojo.java:184)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
> >  at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
> > at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
> >  at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
> > at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
> >  at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >  at
> >
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> > at
> >
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> >  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
> > at
> >
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
> >  at
> >
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
> > at
> >
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
> >  at
> > org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
> > 2012-11-03 17:58:27.435:WARN:/client:unavailable
> > javax.servlet.ServletException
> >  at
> > com.cloud.servlet.CloudStartupServlet.init(CloudStartupServlet.java:57)
> > at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:241)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:440)
> > at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:263)
> >  at
> > org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:736)
> >  at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1282)
> >  at
> > org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:518)
> > at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:499)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.doStart(Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.java:115)
> > at
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:156)
> >  at
> > org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
> >  at
> > org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
> > at
> > org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
> >  at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
> > at
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer.java:132)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.java:454)
> >  at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.java:396)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(AbstractJettyRunMojo.java:210)
> >  at
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(Jetty6RunMojo.java:184)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
> > at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
> >  at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
> > at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
> >  at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
> > at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
> >  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> > at
> >
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> >  at
> >
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
> >  at
> >
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
> > at
> >
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
> >  at
> >
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
> > at
> > org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
> > 2012-11-03 17:58:27.445:INFO::Started
> SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080
> >
> > When I start the script to deploy I get another error :
> >
> > cmoulliard@cmoulliard-Latitude-E6510~/MyRepositories/incubator-cloudstack
> $ mvn -P developer,deploysvr -pl
> > tools/devcloud -Ddeploysvr
> > [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> > [INFO]
> >
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] Building Apache CloudStack Developer Tools 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] --- maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.3:process (default) @
> > cloud-devcloud ---
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:3.1:attach-descriptor (attach-descriptor) @
> > cloud-devcloud ---
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec (default) @ cloud-devcloud ---
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py", line 435, in <module>
> >     deploy.deploy()
> >   File "../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py", line 418, in deploy
> >     self.loadCfg()
> >   File "../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py", line 394, in loadCfg
> >     apiKey, securityKey = self.registerApiKey()
> >   File "../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py", line 334, in
> registerApiKey
> >     listuserRes = self.testClient.getApiClient().listUsers(listuser)
> >   File
> >
> "/home/cmoulliard/MyRepositories/incubator-cloudstack/tools/marvin/marvin/cloudstackAPI/cloudstackAPIClient.py",
> > line 327, in listUsers
> >     response = self.connection.make_request(command, response)
> >   File
> >
> "/home/cmoulliard/MyRepositories/incubator-cloudstack/tools/marvin/marvin/cloudstackConnection.py",
> > line 171, in make_request
> >     result = self.make_request_without_auth(commandName, requests)
> >   File
> >
> "/home/cmoulliard/MyRepositories/incubator-cloudstack/tools/marvin/marvin/cloudstackConnection.py",
> > line 102, in make_request_without_auth
> >     self.connection = urllib2.urlopen("http://
> %s:%d/client/api?%s"%(self.mgtSvr,
> > self.port, requestUrl))
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
> >     return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 400, in open
> >     response = self._open(req, data)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 418, in _open
> >     '_open', req)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 378, in _call_chain
> >     result = func(*args)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1207, in http_open
> >     return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1177, in do_open
> >     raise URLError(err)
> > urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 111] Connection refused>
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Will make a test and come back to you.
> >>
> >>
> >> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com
> >wrote:
> >>
> >>> Can you confirm after a clean install/build with latest master, you get
> >>> NullPointerException while running mgmt server which fails to start
> the api
> >>> server?
> >>> What I posted as a workaround requires you to build and mvn install.
> But
> >>> we need to confirm if it's just me or do we really have this issue?
> >>>
> >>> Regards.
> >>> ________________________________________
> >>> From: Charles Moulliard [ch007m@gmail.com]
> >>> Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2012 9:49 PM
> >>> To: cloudstack-dev
> >>> Subject: Re: [BLOCKER] Database development fails to create admin user
> >>>
> >>> Get the following exception :
> >>>
> >>> RedHat-MacBook:incubator-cloudstack chmoulli$ cd developer/target/db
> >>> RedHat-MacBook:db chmoulli$ sh deploy-db-dev.sh server-setup.xml
> >>> Recreating Database cloud.
> >>> Recreating Database cloud_usage
> >>> CP is
> >>>
> >>>
> ./:/conf:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/webapps/client/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar:/lib/*.jar
> >>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> >>> com/cloud/test/DatabaseConfig
> >>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >>> com.cloud.test.DatabaseConfig
> >>> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
> >>> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> >>> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
> >>> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
> >>> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
> >>> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com>
> >>> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> > I'm frequently getting NPE while starting mgmt server. The old ant
> >>> build
> >>> > system would create admin and system users while deploydb-ing. For
> >>> maven,
> >>> > we call custom rules that the mysql plugin which then applies various
> >>> sql
> >>> > files. I checked while this creates the system user but only when
> mgmt
> >>> > server is run, it won't create the admin user for me therefore when
I
> >>> try
> >>> > to run my mgmt server I get NPE from enableAdminUser(). Can anyone
> >>> confirm
> >>> > this? I've opened an issue for this (
> >>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-441).
> >>> >
> >>> > Hoping this is not my local env. which is causing the issue, how
> >>> should we
> >>> > fix it? A solution would be to reuse the setup/db/deploy-db-dev.sh
> >>> which
> >>> > deploys database for developers using the setup/db/server-setup.xml
> >>> both of
> >>> > which end up in developer/target when one does: mvn -P developer -pl
> >>> > developer  -Ddeploydb So, just use a exec plugin to set this up?
> >>> >
> >>> > This worked for me:
> >>> > mvn clean install -P developer
> >>> > cd developer/target/db
> >>> > sh deploy-db-dev.sh server-setup.xml
> >>> >
> >>> > Regards.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> Charles Moulliard
> >>> Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
> >>> Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Charles Moulliard
> >> Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
> >> Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> > --
> > Charles Moulliard
> > Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
> > Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Charles Moulliard
> Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
> Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>



-- 
Charles Moulliard
Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message