From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][ASFCS40] 4.0 Branch Lifecycle
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:08:53 GMT
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 08:30:36PM -0400, Chip Childers wrote:
>> So...  thoughts?  Anyone willing to "own" the 4.0 branch during it's
>> support lifetime?
>
> Hmm. Have we decided what the support lifetime for the 4.0 branch is?
> Will it simply be until 4.1.0 is released, or are we going to try to
> have releases that go longer?

We have not.

Since we've agreed to use semver, my personal opinion is that we
provide security and high priority critical bug fixes (at our
discretion) for the latest minor release of the previous 1 major
version.  So when we get to 5.y.z, we maintain security fixes for
4.y.z (whatever the latest is) until 6.0.0.

That might not work for everyone though...  thoughts?