From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS401][DISCUSS] 4.0.1 Release dates & such
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:28:58 GMT
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've started working on 4.0.1 and put together this page on the wiki to
> track progress, etc.:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0.1-incubating+Release
>
> Please follow up this thread or edit the wiki with any bugs that are
> fixed & belong in the 4.0.1-incubating release.

I'd suggest using Jira's fix version field actually, that way you can
have a real-time view of what the state of the release is.  The wiki
page will be hard to keep up to date, and probably isn't needed for
feature related discussions.  Also remember that bugs can have
multiple fix versions identified.  So if the fix is done in master,
then cherry-picked to the 4.0 branch, it can have a fix version of
4.0.1 and 4.1.0.

I'd also suggest adding CLOUDSTACK-524 (just opened) to the bug-fix
release target, depending on the scope of the fix (i.e.: change risk
and effort involved).

> Right now, I'm planning to freeze 4.0.1 on November 30th and call for
> testing from 11/30 to 12/8, calling for a vote on 12/8.

Sounds about right!  I think that it's probably best to stick with
that schedule, and just release whatever gets fixed as the release.
We may need a second bug-fix release (or more) before 4.1.0 anyway.