From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: AWSAPI and upgrades? (CLOUDSTACK-396)
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 03:20:30 GMT
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> During the doc cleanup, Chip identified an area in the docs that
> indicates that AWSAPI is only available in a fresh install (vs upgrade).
>
> - Is this accurate?
> - If not, any notes that indicate the upgrade procedure so I can
>   document it?
> - If so, any plans to address this? If the docs are accurate, I'd
>   imagine we should change this from a docs bug to a feature request for
>   4.0.x or later.
>
> Best,
>
> Joe
>
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> Twitter: @jzb
> http://dissociatedpress.net/

I *think* that if we add a step to install the awsapi package in the
release notes (upgrade section [1]), then it would work just fine.  Am
I missing something folks?

-chip

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Release_Notes/upgrade-instructions.html#upgrade-from-3.0.2-to-4.0