From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [ACS41] Schedule Reminder #1
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:56:33 GMT
Hi all,

I just want to remind everyone about our 4.1 feature release schedule.
 I'll periodically send email reminders like this, until we get closer
to feature freeze (and much more frequently once we head into the
Testing / Hardening / Wrap-Up phase).

It's the last week of November, which means we have 2 more months for
features to make it into master for the 4.1 release.

Here's the full schedule once again:

=============================
New 4.1 detailed schedule proposal:
=============================

2012-11-01 through 2013-01-31
  Feature and documentation development (obviously ongoing, but
continued during this period)

2013-01-31
  Feature Freeze
  All new feature need to have been merged into master by this date.
  Release branch will be cut on this date.
  Jenkins updated to include new release branch builds.

2013-02-01 through 2013-02-28
  Testing/Bug Fixes (testing against jenkins artifacts)
  Documentation Finalization

2013-02-28
  Docs Freeze (except release notes and translations)
  Release Branch moves to limited updates only (only commits allowed
in would be release blockers fixes, translation updates, etc...)

2013-03-01 through 2013-03-22
  Translation Development and Integration (should be ongoing, but
focused effort)
  Final regression testing / bug fixes / doc fixes

2013-03-22
  4.1.0-RC1 is created, and project level VOTE is called