From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: About the development approach of KVM Agent on master
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 19:25:09 GMT

Kvm artifacts are packaged into plugins/hypervisors/kvm/target/kvm-agent.zip, scp kvm-agent.zip
to kvm host, unzip, and execute run.sh, will start the kvm agent.
Note:
    Run.sh needs to be fixed, as the classpath is incorrect.
    Need to modify conf/agent.properties, add guid, zone/pod/cluster, public{private/guest}.network.device
etc.
    Need to create zone/pod/kvm cluster before start run.sh, otherwise, kvm agent can't be
added into mgt server.

> A task required to develop from Maven which I think is the following.
> - Add a configuration of maven-exec-plugin for KVM Agent to pom.xml.
> - Add a configuration for m2e plugin of Eclipse (like "mvn jetty:run")

+1

> - Skip some checks in the development environment (for example,
> agent.properties)
> - Add configurations and scripts to be used to the path (or from args)

+1

> - Add a tool to cleanup a KVM host (optional?)
>
> Do you have any ideas?

I am thinking about running kvm agent as a http server(maybe put agent code into a jetty server),
mgt server talking to kvm agent through http instead of tcp.
Kvm agent code will be a dummy http server, always mgt server start the talk to agent.
You can easily using mvn jetty:run to start the agent http server.
Easy for test, you can send a command to kvm agent through wget/curl/browser etc.

How do you think?