From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject Update on the storage refactor
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 21:05:26 GMT
Hi All,
    I send out storage refactor rfc few months ago(http://markmail.org/message/6sdig3hwt5puyvsc),
but just starting code in the last few weeks.
    Here is my latest proposal(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Storage+subsystem+2.0),
and sample code is at engine/storage/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/volume/,  engine/storage/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/datastore/
and engine/storage/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/image/ on javelin branch.
   The ideal is very simple, delegate the logic into different components, into different
identities. I'll try my best to get rid of the monolithic managers, which are hard to extend.
   Feedback and comments are welcome.