From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject [RFC] Refactoring CloudStack
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 18:12:01 GMT
I sent out an email a couple of months ago about the need to refactor CloudStack into small
pieces.  At the time, the overall sentiment was the community is heavily invested in releasing
4.0 and this should be brought up post 4.0.  Now that 4.0 has been released, I like to bring
this up again.  I created a powerpoint to illustrate that need.  Please take a look at [1]

This work is related to Edison's Storage subsystem, Kelven's Spring, Murali's notification
system proposals.  The work is to be done in the javelin branch.

Please comment.

--Alex

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Refactoring