From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Can we still use DevCloud VM Image ?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 14:29:28 GMT

On 15-Nov-2012, at 7:12 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:

> As of ubuntu-11 is configured use xen,
>
> "As of Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric), the default kernel included in Ubuntu can be
> used directly with the Xen hypervisor as the management (or control) domain
> (Dom0 or Domain0 in Xen terminology). "
>
> why don't you create an image using it ?

Yes, I'm using this only. apt-get install xen-hypervisor and you're done. To use xen, one
just need to select the kernel with xen during booting on grub.
If you're keep, hack ~/.bash_history from the DevCloud image, the history will tell you what
was performed to create devcloud.

About pre-seeding systemvm template, see this:
http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html#prepare-system-vm-template

You need to pre-seed, i.e. put a systemvm template on nfs with which your systemvm, cpvm and
domr are created.

Regards.

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com>wrote:
>

>> On 15-Nov-2012, at 2:10 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Using VirtualBox R4.2.4 on MacOS 10.7.5  and the image (
>>> http://bhaisaab.org/vms/ubuntu-12.04-x86-minimal-vm.tar.gz) that you
>>> provide, the OS does not boot (screen stays black).
>>
>> Oh :(
>> Will start with a new image today again. Will keep you posted.

>> Yes, this one:
>> 2. Configure network such that it's accessible to the host os and can
>> access Internet,

>> Cool.

>> week. In
>> The