From Rajesh Battala <rajesh.batt...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Update on the storage refactor
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 14:38:28 GMT
Thanks a lot Edison . The wiki  is very informative.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

-----Original Message-----
From: Edison Su [mailto:Edison.su@citrix.com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 2:35 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Marcus Sorensen (shadowsor@gmail.com); 'Umasankar Mukkara'; Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl>
(wido@widodh.nl); 'John Burwell'
Subject: Update on the storage refactor

Hi All,
    I send out storage refactor rfc few months ago(http://markmail.org/message/6sdig3hwt5puyvsc),
but just starting code in the last few weeks.
    Here is my latest proposal(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Storage+subsystem+2.0),
and sample code is at engine/storage/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/volume/,  engine/storage/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/datastore/
and engine/storage/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/image/ on javelin branch.
   The ideal is very simple, delegate the logic into different components, into different
identities. I'll try my best to get rid of the monolithic managers, which are hard to extend.
   Feedback and comments are welcome.