From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject [BLOCKER] Database development fails to create admin user
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 13:47:18 GMT
I'm frequently getting NPE while starting mgmt server. The old ant build system would create
admin and system users while deploydb-ing. For maven, we call custom rules that the mysql
plugin which then applies various sql files. I checked while this creates the system user
but only when mgmt server is run, it won't create the admin user for me therefore when I try
to run my mgmt server I get NPE from enableAdminUser(). Can anyone confirm this? I've opened
an issue for this (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-441).

Hoping this is not my local env. which is causing the issue, how should we fix it? A solution
would be to reuse the setup/db/deploy-db-dev.sh which deploys database for developers using
the setup/db/server-setup.xml both of which end up in developer/target when one does: mvn
-P developer -pl developer  -Ddeploydb So, just use a exec plugin to set this up?

This worked for me:
mvn clean install -P developer
cd developer/target/db
sh deploy-db-dev.sh server-setup.xml