From Abhijith Chandrashekar <Abhijith.Chandrashe...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Schedule Announced for CloudStack Conference
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 20:19:48 GMT
Does anybody know if it is OK to attend the conference and not stay at The Venetian. I'm contemplating
making other arrangements for stay and attending the conference.

Thanks,
Abhijith

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheng Liang [mailto:Sheng.Liang@citrix.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 9:17 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Schedule Announced for CloudStack Conference

> We also need for people who have signed up for the conference to register *in the room
block* for the event.
> (I know we have some folks who are also attending the AWS event and
> may have just signed up for the whole week under that block - that
> won't work, as we're committed to a certain number of rooms and The
> Venetian won't credit us for folks who aren't signed up under our
> block.)

I did exactly that. I originally booked the entire duration through AWS re:invent hotel reservation
system. I called Venetian last week and was able to shorten the reservation (no penalty).
I then booked the CloudStack Collab Conference separately.

We have plenty of people signing up for the conference, but because too many people booked
hotel through AWS re:invent, we cannot get sufficient credit for conference room from Venetian.

Sheng