From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: same vlan on different nics
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:37:58 GMT
Chiradeep/Alex,

Can we use the same vlan on two different physical networks in one datacenter?

If it is possible to share the same vlan on different physical networks of the datacenter,
we could update the DB unique constraint to (`vnet`, `data_center_id`, 'physical_network_id')
as Marcus suggests.

But if vnet ranges need to be separate, maybe we need some KVM specific solution...

-Prachi
-----Original Message-----
From: Alena Prokharchyk
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:51 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; Prachi Damle
Subject: Re: same vlan on different nics

Marcus,

Prachi would be the best person to answer this question as she added the constraint to create-schema.sql:

8836a08e (prachi                    2011-11-08 11:23:37 -0800  658)
CONSTRAINT `fk_op_dc_vnet_alloc__physical_network_id` FOREIGN KEY
(`physical_network_id`) REFERENCES `physical_network'

Commit id is 8836a08e.

-Alena.