From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we still use DevCloud VM Image ?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:18:27 GMT

On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:10 AM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rohit,
>
> Can you answer to this question please ? Do I have to follow instructions
> here to configure NFS server (
> http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html#nfs-shares-on-management-server)
> ?
>
> Another thing that I would like to share. If we configure the Xenbr0
> interface like this, then the machine is not able to connect to internet
>
> more /etc/network/interfaces
> # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
> # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
>
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> # The primary network interface
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
> auto xenbr0
> iface xenbr0 inet dhcp
>    bridge_ports eth0
>
> auto eth1
> iface eth1 inet static
>   address 192.168.56.2
>   netmask 255.255.255.0
>   broadcast 192.168.56.255
>   gateway 192.168.56.1
>
> Any idea is welcome ?

Charles, I presume that eth0 is attached to a bridge adapter in vbox and that eth1 is attached
to a host-only adapter in vbox ?

I am having issues getting those two adapters to work simultaneously as well. It seems to
work the first time you set it up but not after your reboot the machine. I tried with deleting
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rule to no avail. I believe it's a vbox/OSX issue.

-Sebastien

> Regards,
>
> Charles
>

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My question was more about --> Do I have to follow instructions here to
>> configure NFS server (
>> http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html#nfs-shares-on-management-server)
>> ?
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, hack and go through the .bash_history, setup systemvm template. Then
>>> you're pretty much done as long as yout network won't fail you.
>>> Rest, you have already built and run mgmt server. Won't be much help.
>>>
>>> Regards.

share with us
MySQL,

>>> on