From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ACS401][DISCUSS] 4.0.1 Release dates & such
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:47:21 GMT
I have targeted all the defects to 4.0.1 and you can use this query to access
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CLOUDSTACK+AND+fixVersion+%3D+12323505

There are currently 21 Defects targeted.
Closed - 6
Resolved - 8
Open - 7

Install/upgrade ( version specific changes) and 7 remaining defects need to be resolved before
11/30 as per plan posted by Joe.

Test plan has been posted here under QA section  - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0.1-incubating+Release
Planning to have some install/upgrade validation done before Nov 30th and during test cycle
period.

Pl do provide feedback on the test plan  - I guess OVM would not be included.  Will remove
it from test plan once confirmed.
Also request developers to identify any regression impact for defects fixed. Otherwise there
will not be any manual regression done for any of the areas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:29 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ACS401][DISCUSS] 4.0.1 Release dates & such

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've started working on 4.0.1 and put together this page on the wiki
> to track progress, etc.:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0.
> 1-incubating+Release
>
> Please follow up this thread or edit the wiki with any bugs that are
> fixed & belong in the 4.0.1-incubating release.

I'd suggest using Jira's fix version field actually, that way you can have a real-time view
of what the state of the release is.  The wiki page will be hard to keep up to date, and probably
isn't needed for feature related discussions.  Also remember that bugs can have multiple fix
versions identified.  So if the fix is done in master, then cherry-picked to the 4.0 branch,
it can have a fix version of
4.0.1 and 4.1.0.

I'd also suggest adding CLOUDSTACK-524 (just opened) to the bug-fix release target, depending
on the scope of the fix (i.e.: change risk and effort involved).

> Right now, I'm planning to freeze 4.0.1 on November 30th and call for
> testing from 11/30 to 12/8, calling for a vote on 12/8.

Sounds about right!  I think that it's probably best to stick with that schedule, and just
release whatever gets fixed as the release.
We may need a second bug-fix release (or more) before 4.1.0 anyway.