From "Mice Xia" <mice_...@tcloudcomputing.com>
Subject RE: About the development approach of KVM Agent on master
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 03:39:18 GMT
I'm running a similar dev Env as Wido did for KVM

A dedicated CentOS 6.3 server for KVM

* Make changes, build
* scp the cloud-plugin-hypervisor-kvm.jar and other modified jar (like cloud-api.jar) to the
KVM server and restart cloud-agent
* if you want to debug cloud-agent remotely (like in eclipse), add following line to the JSVC
start method in cloud-agent.sh,
 -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8787

Hope this helps

Regards
Mice

-----Original Message-----
From: Wido den Hollander [mailto:wido@widodh.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:07 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: About the development approach of KVM Agent on master

Hi,

I'm in a vary luxurious, I have a rack full of hardware at my disposal
to test CloudStack and Ceph.

My way of developing is:
* Make changes
* Build a new Agent / KVM JAR
* scp it to the hypervisor
* Restart the Agent
* See if it works!

That is mainly the way I do my KVM development and testing.

Wido