From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Planning the Next CloudStack Conference
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:41:57 GMT
We're just a few weeks out from the first CloudStack conference - so, of
course, it's time to start thinking about the one after that.

Citrix is willing to be a major sponsor for two CloudStack conferences
in 2013, similar to what we're planning in Las Vegas. More sponsors are
welcome, of course, but with Citrix's sponsorship we know we have the
funds to secure a venue and start on planning.

For the first 2013 event, I'd like to propose we consider something in the
May timeframe. One option might be to hold the conference near (time and
location-wise) Citrix Synergy 2013. This will be held in Anaheim,
California from May 22 - May 24, so we might look at the three days
prior/after the conference as a time to hold the CloudStack conference.

We're not locked into locating near Synergy, but it would be simpler
(and possibly cheaper) from a planning perspective.

(Note - we're not looking to have every event in North America, either -
I know we have contributors from outside the states who would prefer not
to have to trudge over to the States every time.)

Thoughts? Date-wise does this work? Does anyone have any strong feelings
on the location?

(My preference was Hawaii, but I think that the concern is Larry Ellison
will have bought all the islands by the next conference...)
--
Joe Brockmeier
Twitter: @jzb