From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Development Environment for CloudStack
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:23:45 GMT
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 08:18:35AM +0530, Jianwei Li (c) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed there is one page in
> http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/develop/environment.html. It
> may not be update to date. As When I tried to set up a dev env by
> following that, there is no Eclipse project in the source at all.

The IDE is your choice. Some folks on the project use Eclipse, others
Intellij, some other vim. So you won't find any .settings or .eclipse
files. One should be able to create the project from scratch on the
IDE.

> Maven build commands does not work either.
What commands were tried?

> In the Wiki page, there is another document :
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/cloudstack-devcloud-environment-setup.html.
> Do you know which one is up to date. We may maintain one document to
> minimize misunderstanding.

Devcloud is a sandbox developer environment available as a virtual box
image to quickly setup and get going. The necessary dependencies for
budiling cloudstack are already here, so this would be the place to
get started immediately.

--
Prasanna.,