From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Name of the CLI
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 14:24:19 GMT
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012, at 12:58 AM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've named our new CLI, cloudmonkey after our mascot, without asking the
> community on ML.

Others might differ, but I don't see a problem with the person
developing the feature coming up with the name. Not everything has to be
done by committee. ;-) If there's an objection to a name for a good
reason, the community can then discuss and change it if need be.

> This may be frivolous but how should one name anything in future?

Use common sense, try to avoid trademark infringement, pick a name that
fits the feature and project, don't pick an offensive name, etc.

(In other words, the procedure it looks like you followed already!)

--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net