From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Can we still use DevCloud VM Image ?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:23:56 GMT

On 16-Nov-2012, at 2:48 PM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:10 AM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rohit,
>>
>> Can you answer to this question please ? Do I have to follow instructions
>> here to configure NFS server (
>> http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html#nfs-shares-on-management-server)
>> ?
>>
>> Another thing that I would like to share. If we configure the Xenbr0
>> interface like this, then the machine is not able to connect to internet
>>
>> more /etc/network/interfaces
>> # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
>> # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
>>
>> # The loopback network interface
>> auto lo
>> iface lo inet loopback
>>
>> # The primary network interface
>> auto eth0
>> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>>
>> auto xenbr0
>> iface xenbr0 inet dhcp
>>   bridge_ports eth0
>>
>> auto eth1
>> iface eth1 inet static
>>  address 192.168.56.2
>>  netmask 255.255.255.0
>>  broadcast 192.168.56.255
>>  gateway 192.168.56.1
>>
>> Any idea is welcome ?
>

> Charles, I presume that eth0 is attached to a bridge adapter in vbox and that eth1 is
attached to a host-only adapter in vbox ?

> I am having issues getting those two adapters to work simultaneously as well. It seems
to work the first time you set it up but not after your reboot the machine. I tried with deleting
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rule to no avail. I believe it's a vbox/OSX issue.

Exactly, I don't know why it fails to configure rules after reboot. I don't know for sure
if it's a vbox issue, but I was saving myself from writing hardcoded route rules, which I'll
try today. Keep me posted in case any one of you finds a solution.

Regards.

> -Sebastien
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> My question was more about --> Do I have to follow instructions here to
>>> configure NFS server (
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html#nfs-shares-on-management-server)
>>> ?

that