From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: New DevCloud Appliance
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 04:09:04 GMT
Hi Chip,

I've not fixed them, the base os was created using Debian Wheezy and is available as an ova:
http://people.apache.org/~bhaisaab/vms/debian-wheezy-basex86.ova

Not sure about vagrant/puppet, but I think veewee can be fixed to automate building of the
vm using Debian as the base instead of Ubuntu.
After this we should be able to automate installation of distro using veewee and installations
of xen etc. packages and cfgs using puppet/vagrant.
Will explore that and keep everyone posted.

Regards.

From: Chip Childers [chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:17 AM
To: <cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: New DevCloud Appliance

Hey Rohit,

Awesome to hear!  Did you happen to use or change any of the veewee or
puppet configs in the tools/devcloud folder of the repo for this new
image?  If not, think we can do that?

- chip

Sent from my iPhone.

On Nov 27, 2012, at 9:08 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:

> I finally got the new DevCloud appliance working and tested in different appliances,
thanks to Prasanna. The new appliance can be used both as a all in a box solution like the
original DevCloud or you can run mgmt server and mysql on your host os and use it as a Xen
server host and NFS infrastructure. It's about 862MB, and the whole setup can run within 1G
RAM if you disable console proxy vm from global settings, also you may run multiple DevClouds.