From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: CLI for CloudStack: cloudmonkey
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 19:18:54 GMT
Alright let's keep it, I like the emoji too [0] :)
On first run we can tell users to set their own prompt using:
set prompt my-awesome-prompt

Thanks.
[0] create your own fun prompts using unicode chars/emoji :) http://zachholman.com/posts/abusing-emoji/
From: Chip Childers [chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 12:19 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: CLI for CloudStack: cloudmonkey

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Chip, please go ahead if we can fix the http/s issue. The connection is based on marvin,
I'm sure using CLI we'll find out more bugs and fix anything in marvin thereby help maintain
marvin->tests and CLI.
> Please hack that up on tools/marvin/marvin/cloudstackConnection.py

Yup, ok

> One more thing, for people who may not have unicode support the prompt may appear weird
and history search (up, down ) can mess up the visuals. For example on Mac it appears as a
colorful emoji, but I found that it looks weird on other platforms. Will probably remove it,
or the user can custom set their prompt, using: set prompt myprompt>

If you remove it, can it be an optionally enabled prompt please ;-)  I like it.