From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: Status of LDAP/AD integration and CS4
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:22:24 GMT
Roland,

If you need a quick fix, please look for a thread named "[REVIEW] MS LDAP Auth patch  - UI
CSS and Architecture help needed". Its about 10 lines of code to change  and can be easily
done in VI. If you get stuck - let me know.

Hugo posted a longterm fix in master branch, you can also try that if you are willing to go
through rebuild process.  I will try Hugo's patch after we settle with aftermath of hurricane
Sandy.

Regards
ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Kool [mailto:Roland.Kool@tomtom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:03 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Status of LDAP/AD integration and CS4

Hi All,

I'm also having issues getting LDAP authentication to work, but not against AD but OpenLDAP.
Simple binds to OpenLDAP require password submitted in plaintext.
I've tried to disable the md5Hash variables in sharedFunctions.js but that does not seem to
work. So when reading about the PlainTextUserAuthenicator I wanted to try that as well, but
when making the change in components.xml and restarting the management server, I get a class
not found exception on PlainTextUserAuthenticator.
When I checked the contents of cloud-server.jar there is indeed no such class. This is on
Open Source CloudStack 3.0.2.
Any idea why this is missing?

Thanks

Roland Kool | Sr. Systems Engineer | TomTom TechOps |