From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: Display Name vs. Host Name in Instance View
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 01:05:31 GMT
David

Are you referring to this cloud init?

https://code.launchpad.net/~lcosmin/cloud-init/cloudstack

Thanks
ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 8:00 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Display Name vs. Host Name in Instance View

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
> If it all helps, I can contribute a script that inspects Linux DisplayName(or what's
displayed in CS UI) and makes it part of cloud service script that runs once when OS starts
for the firs time. On start, it will do API call to a router VM and check if current hostname
matches the CS UI name, if not - it will set the hostname accordingly.

DHCP should handle this sanely in most cases.
Where it doesn't, we should use tools like cloud-init, IMO

--David