From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject [4.1 feature RFC] L4-L7 network services in shared network
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:57:38 GMT
CloudStack supports guest networks of type isolated and shared. While there is rich support
of L4-L7 network services like firewall, NAT, LB in the isolated networks, similar network
services are not available in the networks of shared type. While there is EIP and ELB services
which provides NAT and LB service in basic zone which uses shared network, there are no firewall,
NAT, LB services available to the shared networks created in the advanced zone. For enterprise/private
clouds and simple deployments it make sense to enable L4-L7 services in the shared networks.
I am proposing that CloudStack should enable L4-L7 network services in the shared networks
created in the advanced zone. I opened new feature request for 4.1 release [1] and documented
the functional requirements at [2]. Please comment.

[1].https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-312
[2].https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/L4-L7+network+services+in+shared+network